Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Whole30, day 16: Curiousity & cravings


For the first time in two weeks, I was really craving something sweet today. First I was thinking about chocolate, later it became a serious craving for a giant glass of cola. I resisted. A challenge is a challenge and I can keep anything up for thirty days, right?

Also, I'm very curious to see if I have lost any weight. I've been stalling for nearly two months before starting this challenge and I really want to know if I have broken that stall. Some people report a loss up to 12 pounds, and although that would be awesome, I would really be happy with "just" 4-6 pounds. Oh well...I resisted getting on the scale too. I will for it patiently.
Dinner today was totally awesome. I seriously should invite more people for dinner who cry "But what CAN you eat???" if you tell them you don't eat grains, sugar or dairy. There's never a day I eat less than 1500 calories (usually between 1500-1800), and I'm without exception, always satisfied after dinner. Satisfied, but never stuffed.

Today, we ate a big salad for dinner, accompanied by spiced meatballs. Here's the recipe for the salad:

Salad with sundried tomatoes, nuts and a lovely dressing (serves 2)


4 big handfuls of mixed salad greens
handful of olives, halved
5 sundried tomatoes, chopped (soaked if necessary)
handful of nuts, roughly chopped (I used walnuts)


Dressing:
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
juice of half a tangerine
juice of half a lime

Mix the ingredients for the dressing. Whisk wel, so the oil and juice mix properly and the dressing gets a little bit thicker.

Toss the nuts, tomatoes and olives with the salad leaves and add the dressing. Mix well, preferably with your hands, so every leaf gets a good coating of dressing.

Simple but delicious. This salad will definitely be served a lot during barbecue season! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment